- the power, function and duties of the council shall be as follows:-
Prior to granting approval to establish and operate a teaching institution, the concerned body shall consult the council .the council shall provide its opinion on that matter after examining weather such teaching institution has met the required standard and infrastructure or not . The concerned body shall reach to a decision in respect of granting or not granting approval for establishment and operation of teaching institution on the basic of such opinion of the council. In cases where approval for establishment and operation of a teaching institution is granted, a notice there of shall be published in the Nepal Gazette.
- To formulate policy required to operate the nursing profession smoothly
- To provide recognition to a teaching institution ,
- To evaluate and review the curriculum, terms and conditions of admission ,examination system and other necessary terms and conditions and infrastructure of a teaching institution which has been granted recognition pursuant to clause (b),
- If a teaching institution is found form the evaluation and review made pursuant to clause (c) to have failed to met the standards determined by the council, to make a recommendation for revoking the approval for operation of such institution.
- To determine the qualifications of the nursing professionals and to issue certification to the qualified nursing professional after registering his /her name in the registration book ,
- To determine the work limit of nursing professionals,
- To formulate professional code of conduct of the nursing professionals and to take action against those nursing professionals who violate such code of conduct .
***************************************************The council members (Board of Directors) are responsible to carry out all these power function and duties. There is complies of its members representing different sector .The process of constitution of council is:
- One chairperson nominated by Nepal government among the nurse meeting criteria decide by council Act.
- One member nominated by Nepal Government among the nurses who have 12 years experience after at least Bachelors Degree in Nursing Education .
- Two members are nominated by Nepal Government among the Campus Chiefs of Nursing College.
- Ex-office member chair person of NAN .
- One member designated by Director General of Department of Health.
- One member designated by the Dean of IOM.
- Three members nominated by Nepal Government among the nursing chiefs (Administrator) working in regional /Zonal Hospitals and Directorate.
- One member nominated by Nepal Government among nationally renowned person on behalf of consumer group.
- One member as a representative of CTEVT.
**** Tenure of members is 4'years.In order to discharge the daily administrative function and activities of Council the Government of Nepal may appoint the post of registrar among the nurses who has met criteria asked by Act.Other administrative staffs may be appoint by Council according to the need and asked by work load in the council.